Local Action Group
The Local Action Group has two tiers:
1. The wider Local Action Group, a large group of individuals who represent the interests of the Yorkshire Dales LEADER area.
The wider Local Action Group provide the steer and guide the whole LEADER focus in the Yorkshire Dales. This group meets once a year. Throughout the lifetime of the Yorkshire Dales LEADER programme the wider Local Action Group alternate their annual meetings throughout the Yorkshire Dales LEADER area. They are committed to using community buildings for their meetings, thereby helping to support the communities that the LEADER programme is aimed at.
2. The Executive Group, a smaller group which includes a minimum of 50% membership from outside the public sector, such as farmers, rural businesses, young people, voluntary and community organisations.
The Executive Group are elected from the wider Local Action Group. They have been recruited to provide:
- A good range of knowledge and experience across the LEADER themes.
- Effective geographical representation across the Yorkshire Dales LEADER area.
- A good balance of the local community, voluntary and private sectors.
- A commitment to equal opportunities.
They are the decision making body of the LEADER Programme and meet to approve project applications.
Minutes of Executive Group meetings for the LEADER Programme 2014-2020 are posted below soon after they have been approved.
To join the Yorkshire Dales Local Action Group, please download our form and send to the Programme Co-ordinator
What does the Yorkshire Dales Local Action Group (LAG) do?
- Brings together many organisations and individuals within the LEADER area who have a passionate interest in rural development.
- Promotes a bottom-up approach to development – engaging local people in planning, decision-making and implementation of development in our LEADER area.
- Develops co-operation and joint working between other Local Action Groups.
- Encourages and supports networking and sharing ideas at a regional, national and EU level.
- Creates a panel – the Executive Group - to appraise and select projects to be funded by LEADER.
How can I get involved?
If you are interested in how to join or knowing more about the Local Action Group, please contact the Dales LEADER Co-ordinator or download the Local Action Group registration form (PDF).