Our Calls for Projects and how to apply
LEADER remains open for applications up to the point we leave the EU. Great news for the rural Yorkshire Dales.
The Yorkshire Dales LEADER Programme is accepting applications. Please look at the "Am I Eligible to Apply?" checklist first, and see below if there is an Invitation relevant to your funding requirement.
Basic Equipment for Farming and Forestry that we cannot fund is here.
Guidance on completing our OUTLINE APPLICATION is here. The OUTLINE APPLICATION is in our Download Library, just complete it and return to us.
LEADER Funding and Timescales:
Invitations to Apply :
Outline Application Deadline dates
Executive Decision Date Meetings
12th June 2017
18th January 2017
22nd February 2017
4th April 2017
24th May 2017
26th July 2017
19th September 2017
22nd November 2017
If you fit our criteria, fill out an Outline Application (in our download library) and refer to our Advice note on completing it here
The Application process:
LEADER is a two stage application process:
1: The Outline Application form (this is in our DOWNLOAD LIBRARY and is an EXCEL document)
2: The Full Grant Application form is issued by the Programme Co-ordinator. A sample Full Application can be found here.
LEADER is a very competitive grants process. The Full Application is scored during the Appraisal process, and we recommend you read about this as you complete the Full Application. The form that is used by the Appraisor to score the project can be found here. The Guidance note the Appraisor follows to appraise the application is found here.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL supporting documents and quotes supplied by an applicant as part of the Full Application submission are thoroughly checked and verifed.
Priority is given to projects that are distinctive, innovative, involve wide partnership working, represent good value for money and have the potential to leave a lasting legacy to the Yorkshire Dales LEADER area.
Projects must be of benefit to the economy in our area. 70% of the projects that we will fund must involve direct economic benefit; job creation.
We cannot invest in Capital Projects that fall outside the LEADER status area.
See the Defra guide on how to manage a successful LEADER Project here
Who can apply?
LEADER can support a wide range of applicants, including:
- Small and micro Businesses
- Community/Voluntary groups
- Social Enterprise
- Parish councils
- Registered charities
- Local authorities
Am I in the LEADER area?
The projects that can be supported must lie within and have an economic benefit to the rural communities and businesses within the Yorkshire Dales LEADER status area. Check if you are in our area on this site: http://www.magic.gov.uk/MagicMap.aspx
- Go to magic.gov.uk
- Accept the terms and conditions of use
- In the Table of Contents on the left of the screen, tick Administrative Geographies
- Click on the ‘+’ sign next to Other Administrative Boundaries and when the options are presented, select Rural Development Fund eligibility for LEADER groups (England)
- In the ‘Map Search’ at the top left of the page, click on the triangle in the white box and select ‘Postcodes’
- Enter the postcode of the project and click on the search icon in that box. The map should zoom to the relevant area
- Click on the ‘I’ information icon in the centre of the Feature Tools at the top of the screen and then click in the blue box on the map
A box with the Site Check Results will appear showing the name of the relevant LEADER area and, if the postcode is in a rural area, the LEADER name and code under ‘Rural areas’ section. If the postcode is NOT in an eligible rural area, this section will state, “No features found”.
Can I claim back the grant over several years?
– No, the Call for Applications will always say when we expect all the grant to be claimed back by. Usually there is a maximum limit of 12 months to claim the Capital grant from the time your project starts. If you then wish to apply for further funds towards another element of your project later on, you are welcome to do so.
Can you fund construction costs under Farm Productivity?
- No, I regret not. LEADER is not permitted to fund construction, acquisition or improvement to immovable property, including slurry stores. Any questions on eligibility, please contact me.